Yesterday, the development team for Avorion released a statement about a new office and an upcoming update. Here we have a little look at this.
There has been little word from the development team for Avorion since it was released on Early Access. Having work to do and GDC are the biggest culprits for this silence. We get a little insight into what's been going on what we can expect:
- Groups. Players will be able to invite other players into a group, so they can see each other in the sector and on the map in real time.
- Server stability. We're working on improving the "Connection Closed" and "Server Unreachable" errors, especially on startup.
- Server improvements, steam server browser.
- Gyros, inertia dampeners, directional thrusters and flight mechanics. We're reworking the "pancake thrusters" since that's an exploit that should never have been a thing. More details on that in the final patch notes.
- Lots of QoL improvements that you've been suggesting, for example pro- and retrograde markers.
- Improved repairing of ships. You'll be able to repair ships block by block or discard any blocks that would need repairing.
- Lots of fixes for bugs and/or exploits reported by you, for example the black shields issue that has been hitting intel users hard. Thanks and keep it up!
This update is coming soon, initially as a test, and then it will be released as stable if all is well. This is not the Alliance Update, which will be making its way to our games in about a month. If you want to get in on the game, rent one of our game servers.
What do you think of the changes? Are you looking forward to the Alliance update? Let us know in the comments below!
Register within seconds and you are immediately ready