CS:GO was updated yesterday! Here we have the patch notes.
In addition to some bug fixes and improvements, Valve gives us a new map! Canals, a Venezuelan map with many bridges, waterways, bottlenecks, and open areas is in the game now. Check out the gallery below for a few into the new map:
- Released Canals, available in all game modes.
- Visually upgraded the Phoenix Terrorist player model.
- Added the Spectrum Case, featuring 17 community designs. In the Spectrum Case, the rare special item will be the second generation of knives in Chroma finishes.
- Improved performance when using HRTF.
- Fixed some cases where grenade sounds wouldn’t play when they should.
- Fixed teammate color problem when teammates select an invalid color.
- cl_drawhud_force_radar can have three values: -1 to force draw no radar, 0 default, 1 to force draw radar even if other HUD is disabled.
- cl_drawhud_force_deathnotices can have three values: -1 to force draw no deathnotices, 0 default, 1 to force draw deathnotices even if other HUD is disabled.
- Added option to Game Settings to set Team ID to Always On ( cl_teamid_overhead_always ). Server can disable with sv_teamid_overhead_always_prohibit.
- Added binding to Show Team Equipment ( +cl_show_team_equipment ) that will show teammates’ full Target ID, including equipment. Server can disable with sv_show_team_equipment_prohibit.
- func_rotating objects no longer freeze and spam server console after rotating 1000 times
- Thinned out corner when coming into hut from lobby, making it easier to peek into A site
- Bullets now do more damage when shot through walls in hut
- Raised rollup door in Mini, making it easier to see towards rafters
- Removed three boxes on top of blue container near garage
- Reduced C4 explosion radius from 500 to 400 units (Thanks NaVi!)
- Made water outside the map deeper (Thanks hollandje!)
- Raised arch on CT side of long A
- Fixed some boost exploits
- Railing on top of boost position near T bridge no longer blocks bullets
- Various bug fixes
What do you think of the new map? Do you think it will be a fun time, or will it join the other maps that aren't suited for competitive play? Let us know in the comments below!
Register within seconds and you are immediately ready